From a family-run business to a successful medium-sized enterprise with international subsidiaries and partner companies.
At the end of the 19th century, the company, then named "Gottfried Neumann Hochfrequenztechnik (High Frequency Technology)," quickly made a name for itself in the electroacoustics industry. In 1953, the company was renamed to "Neumann Elektronik GmbH." It produced not only the first, completely explosion-proof intercom systems, but also the cast-iron roadway emergency call columns - which were later made with fiberglass-reinforced polyester enclosures.
Various patent applications were submitted for loudspeaker systems that used central exchange systems, and the first desktop stations in a polyester enclosure with transistor amplifiers were introduced to the market.